The Northern Virginia Health Foundation (NVHF) Board of Directors is pleased to announce the appointment of three new directors:
- Gloria Addo-Ayensu, MD MPH, Director of Health for Fairfax County.
- Ilka Chavez, MPA, Acting Deputy Regional Health Administrator, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Region III.
- Marsha Lillie-Blanton, MHS, DrPH, Senior Policy Advisor with the CMS Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services.
“We look forward to the insights and perspectives that these three distinguished individuals will bring to the Foundation,” said NVHF president and CEO Patricia Mathews.
Mathews also expressed appreciation for the service of three departing members:
- Marsha Allgeier, former Deputy County Manager for Arlington County.
- Jane Delgado, Ph.D, President & CEO of the National Alliance for Hispanic Health.
- Verdia Haywood, former Deputy County Manger of Arlington County and the last of the founding Board members.
“We will be forever grateful to these Board members for their service,” Mathews said. “Their commitment, patience, and knowledge of the community helped put the Foundation on the right path.”
The Board of Directors provides leadership and guidance for achieving the Foundation’s mission of improving the health of residents of Northern Virginia, with an emphasis on low-income, uninsured, or underinsured persons. Read bios of each Board member.