The Northern Virginia Health Foundation is now accepting Letters of Intent for projects that address the intersection of people’s health and the other components of their lives.
The Application Process
To apply, you must submit your Letter of Intent using the Foundation’s online application system.
If your organization has submitted an application to the Foundation since 2012, you can access the system by using this link: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=nvhf
If you are a new applicant (you have not applied to the Foundation since 2012), you first must register by using the link above and selecting “Create New Account.” You will need your organization’s EIN in order to register. The access code is Upstream17.
If you have any difficulties accessing the system, please contact Sonia Law at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submitting the Letter of Intent is close of business, Monday, July 17. Letters submitted after that date will not be considered.
For information about the importance of “upstream issues” to health, see:
- Northern Virginia Health Foundation – novahealthfdn.org – “Why Life Expectancy Varies in Northern Virginia” and an online, interactive tool, Mapping Life Expectancy in Northern Virginia
- Healthy People 2020 – Social Determinants of Health – http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/social-determinants-health
- Commission for a Healthier America – commissionhealth.org
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation – rwjf.org
- Public Health Institute – phi.org – download “Health in all Policies: Improving Health Through Intersectoral Collaboration”
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) – naccho.org – look for the Health in all Policies webinar
- Virginia’s Plan for Well-Being 2016-2020 – https://virginiawellbeing.com
Stay connected and join our mailing list.